Sunday, November 27, 2011

Let The Holiday Season Begin!

I just finished the hat that matches Violet's little snow suit. It looks big here but it's only about five inches wide. I hope she likes it.
My sis Mike and sis in law Claud helped with the setup for the gingerbread house decorating party we had last night. Bea got up on the chair and claimed her spot to work in. We had to politely tell her that it was for the 'big girls' and she was too young and anyway, she can't hold the royal icing and sit upright at the same time.
This is just the beginning of the stash of things we could use to decorate with. Lots of the girls later brought even more stuff.
Here we have Kate, Linda, Molly, Laurel, Ellie Susie, Micky and Mike, with Claudia and me up front. We had a really fun time and because it was on a holiday weekend, we lost some regulars but frankly, it was so much less hectic for me, running to make more icing and getting this and that, that I gabbed to my hearts content.
This is the lineup of the finished creations and I will be taking them to the nursing home today.

I didn't take a picture of the dessert but it was really good. I made gingerbread cake and cut it up in bite sized squares. I sauteed some bite sized red pears and topped the gingerbread with it and carmel sauce and little french vanilla ice cream balls. Yum!

14 comments:

Robbie said...

I'm always SO impressed when you have your annual gingerbread 'party'. I dread when grand kids want to make them! My roof always falls off!

dee said...

What a great picture of you all. Did you make those aprons? Love them!!
Never made one of those houses. Maybe it's time.

Anonymous said...

Hi there all, here every person is sharing these experience, thus it's pleasant to read this website, and I used to pay a visit this blog everyday.
My web page - Huvila Antalyasta

Anonymous said...

Hi there, yup this article is truly pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it
about blogging. thanks.
My site: Leilighet i Tyrkia

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post's to be exactly I'm looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to write content for yourself?
I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome web site!
my website :: huoneisto bodrumista

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is a great blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I'm going to come back yet again since I book-marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.
Here is my web blog Ferieleilighet Bodrum

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand.
It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
Also visit my webpage - Hus til salgs i Alanya

Anonymous said...

I every time used to read post in news papers but now as I am a
user of web thus from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.
Here is my website : fastigheter i alanya

Anonymous said...

What's up, of course this post is really fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it on the topic of blogging. thanks.
Also see my web site :: propertyinturkeyforsale.net

Anonymous said...

I simply could not depart your web site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed
the usual information a person provide on your guests?
Is gonna be again continuously in order to inspect new posts
My webpage ; http://Www.Youtube.com/

Anonymous said...

This piece of writing is really a fastidious one it assists new web people, who are wishing
for blogging.
Here is my webpage ; how to get rid of man boobs

Anonymous said...

I simply couldn't depart your website prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual information an individual provide in your visitors? Is gonna be again continuously in order to check out new posts
Also see my web page - lägenheter till salu i Bodrum

Anonymous said...

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage's posts all the time along with a cup of coffee.
Review my homepage :: immobilien alanya

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on called acne free. Regards
Also see my site: how to get rid of fruit flies