Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Spooky

(The following was written a couple days ago. I have more than my share of free time when the computer is down so I did some typing in Word and saved it to copy to the blog as soon as the Comcast guy left; he just left after 3 1/2 hours. We got to know each other so well that I am invited to his wedding!)

I feel quite helpless without a computer or phone. I have my cell but because it doesn’t work at home, I forget about it’s existence. My brain is so warped that I actually went into the man cave and said that I would like to use G’s computer. He looked at me as if I were insane and said that it doesn’t work anymore than mine. Duh…I have decided to type a couple of blog entries that are on my mind so that I will be ready to post when the computer goes back up.

I have collected a few Halloween related pictures for you. It the real world Halloween was last night. I saw a guy with a cape on at Best Buy, a tiara on a girl at
Lowes and some little kids in costumes at lunch at Panera. That was the extent of the Halloween day. Or night; we didn’t have one trick or treat-er. When we were buying candy I suggested something that G doesn’t like, (the skittles packs) because he pronounced on the drive down that he was gonna tow the line while we were down in Florida these three weeks with a strictly healthy diet. He really has a sweet tooth and I was trying to help him by eliminating temptation. He settled on Kit Kats. At around ten p.m. I went by the man cave and there he was, surrounded by empty wrappers. Oh well.

Here is our little tinkerbell.

She also has a cat cape to keep her warm.

And the best surprise of all? Her teeth.

She has a bunch now and when they came it they brought down the first two teeth so much that they really have character now.

Here is Zoey in her total Raggedy Ann costume along with a matching doll her mom made.

How cute is that?

I made these frozen bananas, experimenting on what tasty treats I can make for Violet when she gets older.

You just cut a banana in half lengthwise and then cut in half through the middle. Stick a popsicle stick in the bottom (I did it about half way up) and freeze. Ease the stick in but if the banana makes a little furrow, it’s okay; it still works fine. When the bananas are frozen you take white chocolate

and chop it up.
You can melt it in a double boiler or melt it gradually in the microwave,
and when still warm and smooth, dunk the banana sticks in and put little mini chocolate
chips for eyes. If you want completely smooth ghosts you could add a little vegetable shortening to smooth it up but the way mine turned out was just fine with me. They are yummy!!!
Last but not least? This is my friend Millie’s Halloween costume.

You can wear it anywhere.

2 comments:

judi said...

LOVE Millie's costume!!!!!!

dee said...

Cutest Tinkerbell ever!

Hope the net is up and running again soon.