Sunday, December 04, 2011

'Bamba'

This quilt has been on my design wall for a couple months and I forgot to share it with you. This was the one that took me years to hand applique and after I started to hand quilt it

I realized that I have a limited number of years left in my life and i wasn't gonna spend it on this. So off to my hand quilter Marie, with written directions on the quilting style and some matching thread, it went. It was back in my hands in less than a month.
This is accurate in color but the next one shows the quilting better but is
not accurate in color. She did exactly what I wanted. It measures 33 1/2 x 25 and is called 'Bamba'. It is yet to be faced to it may shrink a little when the edges are tended. I have the perfect place for this to end up, but it's a secret.

8 comments:

dee said...

WOW! The quilt is beautiful and the quilting just makes it more so. Really Super!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Spectacular!
xxx

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooo much! I know you meant it as a surprise to me, but it's okay to share with your blog. I'm home now if you want to drop it off!
Martha

Miracles said...

Hahaha Martha.....I think it is for me!

Robbie said...

VERY nice results after a nice applique job!

Anonymous said...

Both you and Marie should be proud! It's a work of art!!
Pjn

Frieda said...

Love it.