Friday, December 09, 2011

Happenings

The guys that do all my additions and fixing up around the house have chosen to come this week and do some of the 28 things on the list we sent them to do when we are in Florida. Anyway, they are here for the third day and I just went up to one of them, Jason, and handed him WD40 because his paint roller is very, very noisy. He said he couldn't apply it now because the paint was on. And then he said that he was sorry it was so noisy and he hoped it didn't bother me too much. I said that it didn't bother me at all; I knew by hearing it where he was and the fact that he was working!!! He laughed.

I was quite surprised when I woke up to this.
We had s dusting of snow a couple weeks ago that melted before it hit the ground. After I just typed the last line I realized that the snow was compromising my herbs in the garden that I still had holiday plans for.
The flat leaf parsley and rosemary look fine. I didn't bother with the sage and thyme; they are so very hearty that they reappear every year. The chives, mint and oregano are done for the year.
I have started my bark making and love when it is cold enough on the three season porch to use as a refrig. I run out of places to put things without looking like I am in a thrift shop!
My favorite guy, G, gifted me with a new iPhone. I have never updated my phone since the first iPhone 3 and when I saw that you could just talk to it without having to go through Dragon Dictation, I wanted it. I haven't had time to play with it yet. Merry Christmas to me!!!

2 comments:

Miracles said...

Where's the bark recipe? I miss my NY Sunroom/Porch. I used it as a refrigerator also when baking Christmas cookies.

Miracles said...

He spoils you!