Thursday, January 05, 2012

Finish Already

I finished up the blocks for the quilt I started last weekend. I would like to get it put together today so that I can quilt it in Florida. I have a very busy day. The house sitters are coming this morning to check stuff out, I have a mani/pedi and a haircut and it's the last class with Anna.
My sister brought me the instructions and a ball of yarn for the curly scarf and I made it this past weekend. It is pretty easy to do except the yarn is already in a mesh form but it doesn't look like it. You have to spread it out to knit it. The yarn turned and that was the biggest flaw in the whole process.
I solved it but taping down the yarn on a sturdy piece of plastic and stretching it out and rolling it up. It took almost an hour but after that all was smooth sailing.
Here is a closeup of the scarf and Mike got it on line.
and it's called Traina by Katia.

4 comments:

Miracles said...

That scarf looks so interesting. You'll need it down here!

Irene said...

I made a few of those scarves last Christmas and while I liked the finished product, I didn't enjoy making them. I just flattened the yarn as I went along but your idea would probably be shorter in the long run.

I just can't belive Violet is 1 already. She is absolutely gorgeous but I'm sure I won't get any argument from you on that statement!

Have a wondeful birthday party and I hope you share lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see that quilt finished. Lookin' good, as is that adorable Violet.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Nice work on the quilt!