Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Initially Fine

So far, I can say that Pinterest has definitely shaped my personal habits. Considering the fact that I now have to limit my time on it to a half hour a day, I feel at least a little bit hooked on it. But that isn't all bad. I have done two things that I have on my Things I Want To Make board and gathered the necessary stuff to make a few others. One of the 'to do's' I wanted to do came together very fast.
I came across this and thought it was a darling idea and seeing as I am an avid Scrabble player, I wanted to do this in some fashion. When I see anything Scrabble related I always think of my BFF Nancy that lives in California. After emailing her as to her current color scheme of her master bedroom, I got to work. Four pillows is overkill to me so I first settled on first initials for Nancy and her hubby Frank. Two was wrong to me too so I opted for three; their first name initial and their last name.
Going with her color scheme of chocolate and sage, I printed out an outline of F, N and H on my computer in American Typewriter font and the corresponding number value in Scrabble. Then I ironed on Wonder Under on the chocolate fabric and cut out my letters and found good spacing on the fabric and ironed away.
I decided not to satin stitch around the letters and numbers but just to do a regular stitch. I always stitch any machine applique down with paper under it; it tends not to pucker at all if I do.
I am such a cheapskate that I actually figure out what to do in what order to use the underlying paper in the most economical way. I can't seem to break old habits.
Then I remove the paper (something I love to do) and sew up the pillow.
I have a smile on my face as I view just another way that Scrabble has taken over my life. Oh, and they are about eight inches square. I just filled them with fiberfill.

My left shift key still doesn't work. This is maddening!!!!!!

2 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Love them. Another fun word game to play on your Ipad is Hanging with Friends. Free, fun, cute, fast.

Miracles said...

You don't ever have a lull in your day! You're blessed with many gifts. I want to make the little attached squares wall board you have in your studio. Decorative wall art is better than a boring cork board up on the wall to pin stuff up.