Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A Yellow Violet

The following is a technique that I saw on Pinterest and was just a little skeptical so I had to do it myself. I bought this $4 box at Michael's and spray painted it, sanded it and spray painted it again. Then I printed out Violet's name (I could have and should have just done the outline to save ink).

I used one of my favorite fonts ever - American Typewriter. Then as you can see, I positioned the name on the spot of the box where I wanted it and taped it down. I proceeded to take a pencil and go over the outside of the letters. This makes an indentation that is very light but just enough to make the outline.
Can you see it? This makes a pattern for you to follow and it actually acts as a stop gap for the paint a bit; not always tho' so being slow and not having watery paint helps.
Yeah, I know, it should have been a color in the lavender family but I used what I had. And thank you Pinterest because it really does work!!!

I have decided that I am going to make a list of things I want to make from Pinterest and actually do them in a timely fashion. Maybe I will call it a Crafty Bucket List. Or maybe not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every day, you (and your projects) fascinate me.
I keep the glow until the next day when, yet again, you fascinate me.
xxx

Miracles said...

Violet is one fortunate child to have a grandmother like you.

Frieda said...

As always you are so much fun. xxoo

Cindra said...

there's a great project for melting crayons in the shape of hearts... or whatever shapes you want. I am doing that for my granddaughters for Valentines's Day. We'll see if it works!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PINTEREST!

pjn

Anonymous said...

I am following and repinning a lot of your finds and boards on Pinterest. You are my "go to" source for recipes. Thanks for all the research. :)
Robin Walston