Friday, March 30, 2012

Mom²

Last night I realized that I can't make fun of people that have their cell phones with them like it's a part of their bodies anymore because I was sitting at dinner with girlfriends and turned into one of 'those'. Here's what happened.

Oh, before I get into that, I have to tell you something else very funny. One of the gals out last night got a text from a visiting granddaughter at about nine thirty. It said, 'Grandma, when are you coming home?' A couple days before she gave her 16 and 14 year old granddaughters a nine o'clock curfew. Does that mean ole granma was breaking it? It was very funny at the time.

Okay, here's what happened, phone wise. We were sitting at dinner talking about Kathy, our mutual friend, who leaned into a swinging door in Italy and fell down and broke her pelvis in three places. She has since been medovac'ed back to New York and is being taken care of. Her daughter Kim has been keeping us posted on how Kathy was doing. We shared new information, a text or two, and somehow we got to talking about the daughter and Ann said, 'you know, Kim calls me Mom squared' (that means her second mom). I couldn't even believe it! THAT'S WHAT SHE CALLS ME!!! So it started. With our iPhones we went back and forth with Kim, sending, photographing, texting at the dinner table (which I always hate when I see!)
betrayal pictures, (it looks like a mug shot!)
happy pictures when Kim chose Ann over me,
sad pictures when I found out about the conspiracy and
finally, two happy Mom², who decided to live with the title separately, because as Kim pointed out, she never thought she would get caught, seeing as how we lived in different zip codes!!!!

No comments: