Sunday, April 01, 2012

Fish Tacos

When the water gets too warm, like now,
the abundant sheepshead fish head to cooler waters. Maybe they are also looking for a better dental plan!!! Anyway, it's time for the last fish tacos made by them for the season.
I chopped up the tomato, cabbage, green onion, lettuce (with cumin) and radishes.
I whip up a topping made up of plain greek yogurt, sour cream and add cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper.
I like soft corn and flour mixed tortillas and G likes hard. I didn't know what kind my brother in law, John likes so I added some flour tortillas. Oh, by the way, the BIL left for the north. He is a retired cop and works all the Chicago Cubs (yuck) home games.
The sheepshead look a little different when it is grilled up. It has a wonderful flavor that I will only have to remember until next year.

No comments: