Monday, April 30, 2012

Get A Life

Now, you tell me; did you find my face so offensive (after I had it sand blasted last Wednesday) that it would warrant this personal email to me?

Hi Tommy:

I've been following your blog for some time now and I do so admire your quilts. I'm writing today because I'm very curious why you would bother to share your dermabrasion with your followers. I truly don't mean to be unkind, but I really feel some things are better not shared with the public. I do hope you're feeling better, and again I don't mean to be hurtful. But it's so unattractive and although we do sympathize, I'd personally rather you not share that with me.

Sincerely,
Knuckle Head

I have changed the name of the author of this email (if for no reason other than to keep her family from doing an intervention and committing her to a nut house).

I have gotten these types of emails for seven years and they never cease to amaze me. I personally don't read blogs because there are not enough hours in a day for me to do half of what I want to accomplish and so to think that someone is so bothered by my appearance in a blog spot that they have stressed and actually gone to the trouble to email me is mind boggling. I feel it is time to say, once again, It is my blog and I can put on it anything that I want.  If you don't like it DON'T READ IT.  IT'S NOT MANDATORY!!!!!!  There are a billion people out there that care what you think; I just don't happen to be one of them!!!

I have been planning on making these little headbands for my Violet and so I looked at my Goal List and there it was staring at me  so I just got to it and cut out lots of them for my gal.


Her hair is growing longer in spots and Maria is questioning a haircut but is hesitant as I would be, so I thought these would help to tame  the baby mane.
I have eight done and seven to go.  I will have them in the mail today.  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Some people need to get a life. Unlike you Tommy, if someone sent me an email like that, I would try my darnedest to keep doing things that made them crazy. Come on people, this is a personal blog. Don't give advice unless you are asked for it. She didn't ask!!!
Your Sister, Mike

Anonymous said...

DITTO!
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Tommy - I don't comment very often, but I enjoy reading your blog and have read it for many years. I'm not sure I can describe it properly, but your blog is a piece of your life and you share with us what your life is all about.

With my memory loss issues that I have experienced, a blog would come in handy. I often ask myself, "when did I do that?" Your blog gives you the answer. Keep up the good work and fight back - remind people that they have a choice to read or not to read.

Denise in Sacramento

judy said...

.there are tons of crazy people out there who need to get a life. Stop reading lady.
Recently we had someone call our house complaining our phone number was too similar to hers and she kept receiving wrong numbers asking for us. She was very irate and demanded we call these people to tell them to stop calling her!! Seriously????!!!! I love your blog, it's first on my list every day. And my slice is in the mail. Judy

Irene said...

As the saying goes, it takes all kinds to make a world - including the assholes.

Robbie said...

Personally, I thought "knuckle head's" comment was a hoot! Funny, how your pics bothered her enough to actually write an email!! Maybe she's just very sensitive to any discomfort you might have had...ok, I'll get back to quilting my slice and stop trying to analyze! Just chalk it up to what makes the world go round!

Miracles said...

I was thinking that when I have my vaginal rejuvenation done next week you'd be so kind as to post my before and after pictures. That would give the women that read your blog the IN-sight about what we do!

Miracles said...

...about those headbands.....I'm coming over to learn how to make them for my grand baby girl

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha!!!
I think you look like a happy girl that just ate a lot of bbq ribs!! I bet this ranting chick doesn't look much different on a regular morning with a close-up.
Martha

Synthia said...

I so agree with you about knuckle head! I've quit reading a couple of blogs because I didn't like what they were posting, but I never wrote and told them. Why would they care what I thought? I'm sure they haven't even missed me. I will tell YOU, though, that so far you haven't ticked me off and I still love you! hahaha I'm actually pretty easy to please (smile)