Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Mac Crisis

I am begging for help.  I have a 12" block that I take a picture of with my new slr 35 mm with the menu for image quality at fine and the size of the image at large.  I have a Mac and I automatically download pictures into iPhoto, the Mac photo software.  I can view the photo info that the picture I just downloaded and it has enough pixels.  When I straighten the quilt and crop the background to where I want it and click done, the pixels change and go down to an unacceptable size.  This should not be rocket science.

I thought maybe I need some updates but when I go to the Apple icon there is only an update for iTunes.  I know there are newer versions of iPhoto but it appears that to get an update I would have to update my hard drive for $499.  Does that sound possible?  I don't know what's going on but I am at my wits end.  Anybody out there know what's with this?

3 comments:

Deb said...

When you crop a digital photo you are essentially eliminating some of the pixels. Here is a link to a website that explains it much better than I can - http://webbuilderscafe.com/Digital_photo_crop.htm
In the photography class that I took, I was told to crop as you take the photo as much as possible to reduce loosing pixels in the editing stage. So that's my two cents worth.

Miracles said...

I'm sorry, my friend....I have no clue about all that. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like one of those problems you might want to take to the helpful people at the Apple Store. I took a look on YouTube for solutions and I'm not sure the answer is there. You could try this yourself. Try searching something like "iPhoto crop problem." It may be a really simple problem to fix but it might be better to have someone step you through it. If they run into the same problem, you can work together to find a solution. Take your camera with a photo on the memory card and take notes! Good luck!