Monday, June 04, 2012

Frozen Assets

I have been cooking up a storm. I am doing lasagna today. Yesterday it was chicken pot pies and baked pork penne. Already completed in the last two weeks are enchiladas, enchiladas verde, spaghetti pie, and turkey tetrazinni.
Quilting is a bit on the back burner until I get the freezer filled up.  I can't help myself.  It's gotta be growing up in a household of nine kids that makes me want to do it.

I have managed to get four of the seven baby frog quilts quilted.  I am using a simple frog pattern in each of the 16 blocks.  You can kinda see it on the back side of one of the quilts. I have a Statler Stitcher on my long arm and have had it for three years and except for charity quits and a scrap quilt or two, I don't know how to use it effectively.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a computerized quilting machine.  I can still use the long arm as I used to use it. My sister and I have decided to remedy our lack of knowledge.  We are going to Wisconsin for a two day class in July and I am taping everything the instructor says.  I figure between the two of us, what with brain cells escaping daily, we will come home with a better knowledge of the 'car' which is what we call it.

Back to the kitchen!

1 comment:

Miracles said...

I made a headband today. After reading today's blog I'm going in for a nap!