Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Is It Nap Time Yet?

This is the rundown of a toddler (almost 18 months!) in the course of a few hours. There is a reason that the young have the kids. Maria and Violet arrive. There is the fuss of all the STUFF that comes standard with a kid. The removal of the dog bowls comes first; okay, right after Bella proceeds to lick every inch of V, removing all evidence of any prior meal. Changing clothes/diaper/accessories takes several tries before Violet is actually prone and willing.


Then it's down stairs and out the back door to the crab (I call it Elmo) pool.  All the toys come out of the beach garage and then it's the baby ritual of picking up things, placing them elsewhere and repeating that eighty five times until my feet are asleep under me and I can no longer get upright without assistance.

Violet didn't stop doing what she was doing but Maria and I decided that a change in locale would do us all some good, at least circulation wise if nothing else.

We decided to introduce the BIG Violet to the sand and surf.  The day was very hot therefore so was the sand, so Maria carried Violet to the wet sand.  All in all, the experience was a little overwhelming for the babe.  The sand was too weird and the reoccurring water lapping wasn't her favorite thing.  No problem.  There will be years that she will be in that water and won't come out until I drag her out (based on her dad and his sisters actions).

Into the house we go, and ready ourselves for a ladies lunch.  Violet was just the right touch


of coquettishness and sass to make a grandmama proud.  She had her purse  with her which she proceeded to empty and fill as well as having a penchant  for removing the sugar/sweet and low/splenda/equal/raw sugar from their container, shaking each packet
individually with a final squeeze for good measure.  I forgot how much time it takes to put a table in a restaurant back in some sort of order after a small child vacates.

I don't know about Violet or Maria, but I need a nap.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

O M G...I know the feeling (or lack, there of)!
xxx

Anonymous said...

Don'tcha just LOVE it tho?!?
She is a cutie!
Martha

Miracles said...

I just spent five days with my grandchildren. The time and effort to get ready to do anything, the energy expended doing whatever it is, then the settling back in is exhausting. I ask myself, "How in the world did I manage with twins?" Kids today have more caboodle to lug wherever they go.

Gayle from MI said...

Sounds like a great day! I get to babysit my Violet tonight after I get off work!

kirwin said...

It is nice to know that my over achiever, never stop friend can really get tired.
Thanks V for that thought

dee said...

Violet gets more pretty as the days go by. Thanks for starting my day with a huge smile. Rest up-you've earned it!