Saturday, June 16, 2012

New Food

Back when I was watching' The Best Thing I Ever Made' and that knucklehead Scott Conant (the guy who hates raw onions who is a regular judge on 'Chopped') made a dish that I printed out a few months ago and just got around to making. 

It's called Spinach and Ricotta Gnudi.  It is very simple but there are a couple things you need to do ahead so you aren't doing what I did and starting the recipe and then noticing that you need to strain the ricotta for two hours  before using.  The mushroom puree calls for porcini mushrooms, both dry and fresh and something called beech mushrooms.  I found the dry porcinis but not the other ones so I used twice as much dry and got a restaurant blend of various mushrooms and it worked out fine.  I am going to type the recipe out on Tommy Cooks today.  I served this with grilled asparagus and pork chops last night to my hubby, sister and brother in law.  Yum.

No comments: