Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our Government At Work

Okay, Gordon comes home from work yesterday and said to me that my stalker is still at it. I had no idea what he was talking about until he handed me the days mail (we get all our mail at work; it simplifies it, especially when we are in Florida).

It made me laugh and it is so true.  Since I was nearing 62 I have been swamped with mail from the government, all of which I have not read.  The reason is because I don't care.  Just send me the money before it runs out.  I can put it in the bank and save it for my children and their children because we will have a bankrupt ss system and it's so not fair to them.  Since filing for social security, it's a daily  correspondence I have with the


federal government.  They can't seem to stop themselves from giving business to the postal system.  Yesterday the bulk mail (and interestingly enough, the cost of the post is not on the envelopes; because of embarrassment, I am sure) was 28 pages and 8 pages each.  Okay, am I the only one who doesn't give a rats ass and doesn't read any of this stuff anyway?  What a waste of money, for whoever puts the stuff together, prints it, mails it and PAYS FOR IT.  US.  Just send me, through direct deposit, MY MONEY and stop the postal stalking.

3 comments:

spikemuffin said...

Should have waited till you were fully eligible! I went for the personal visit to set this up starting in November. No problem with them...mine is with the Medicare inundation. Nancy is going to figure that one out!

Miracles said...

The amount of literature will diminish after a while.

Karen said...

If most people are like me, and they have a question, they call it in. Also, when I save those booklets, I can never remember where I put them when I need them!!