Monday, June 25, 2012

Part One


I have started with the first quilt in the tryptic. I have decided that I will try and have the  
     quilting go in the same direction, flowing from each piece but also decided

not to stress if I mess up a bit.  I have completed the first one except for the
corners.  Because these pieces are much bigger than the finished size I want of 22 x 38, I will  have a lot of waste at the edges and to stretch over my
frames and I need to have the corners much thinner so they can be wrapped, which means I will have to take out the quilting to get the batting out of the corners.  I learned this the hard way.  I would rather add quilting than do all the quilting and then have to take it out; thus eliminating the two steps forward, three steps back.

2 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

Your quilting always looks so nice and uniform. That style really finishes off your pieces wonderfully.

Miracles said...

You are so very talented my friend. I love seeing all the things you do.