Thursday, June 28, 2012

Three's A Charm!

It's another day of threes. Since the weather is over ninety degrees I am hunkering down and making some big food.
This is currently what is on my poor overworked stove.  I make such big batches of things that they don't all fit in a pot.  I plan on making my white chicken kale chili today along with a birthday cake that I need to freeze before frosting (Violets half birthday) and some red velvet cupcakes to give away for the weekend of the 4th.  

Here is the completed and ready to be hung tryptic which is unnamed.  When it was a upright quilt I named it 'Under The Palm', but sideways just doesn't read that.
I have always liked the Coke commercial that was 'put the lime in the Coke, you nut' when a version of citrus Coke came out, instead of the original song which was 'Put the lime in the cocoanut'.  So maybe that's a good name.  It takes so little.


This angled side view shows off the quilting a little better.  I plan on making another version of this in another color way and not stretched on a frame. The kitchen calls!

2 comments:

Miracles said...

\\\Applause/// for letting us see the process of yet another art quilt. You rock!!

Anonymous said...

I am not a fabric artist. Thanks for the instructive value with these posts. Most of all, thanks for the view of the finished artworks. Love it!