Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back To Quilting

I finished up the piecing of the dog quilt that will be donated for a raffle when the Humane Society has it's annual house walk.
This is a quarter of it.  I measured it and it ended up being 84" wide and 100" long.  I may have overdone the size.  I folded it to save space, what with the toddler corral taking up a big bite of my studio.  I hope to have this quilted before Violet comes back this weekend.  Her parents are going to visit the place they wed (New Orleans) in honor of their fifth wedding anniversary that they had in May.  We will have her for five days.
I had a queen sized scrap quilt on the long arm and so I decided to see if what I learned last week in my two day class makes sense to me, now that I am on my own.  It was a huge success.  I followed my notes and got the quilt done in less than three hours.  I absolutely love the quilting design that I chose for it.  It may be my new 'go to' pattern.  It is simple but cool at the same time, and ya gotta love the circles!!!!

5 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

I think that's a perfect size for a spread for a twin bed. Somebody is going to love it for sure. I also really like that quilting designs. I prefer quilts that haven't been quilted "to death". But what do I know?

Anonymous said...

The dog quilt is adorable. What a great idea. I can see someone snapping that up for a nursery and decorating the room around the quilt.

barbd2 said...

That dog quilt will make a ton of $$$$$$ for the Humane Society!b

Anonymous said...

Love the quilting pattern (and of course, THE CIRCLES)!!
xxx

Miracles said...

Outstanding work, again!