Saturday, July 07, 2012

Hot To Trot

A group of us went out for First Friday at Five last night.  It can be a late night but it wasn't for me.  Instead of the normal going in and out of galleries and shops and stopping for a libation, we headed straight for a restaurant and except for a couple gals that wanted the free braid hair feature to be done on them at a salon. we pretty much stayed put, happy for a chair.  It was so hot that even inside with air, it was sweaty.  No air conditioners can keep up with the demand on this constant heat.  

I decided it was too hot to let my basil go a day longer in 100º heat so I
harvested it (cut the stalks down) on Thursday and brought them in the house to pick off the leaves and wash.

I always measure the leaves before they are washed so the amount in each batch will be an even 8 cups no matter how much shrinkage takes place.  


I was sidelined because I had to prepare my typical hostess gift (my frozen bread crumbs in a ball jar) and put some appetizers in the oven to take to a dinner party.  

The basil stayed where it was until yesterday morning 


when I processes it and bagged it and put it in the freezer until it comes time to either use it or give some away.  Either way, it makes me happy.

1 comment:

Miracles said...

I thought of you the other day when I made my homemade breadcrumbs. I thought, "This is too much of my energy to give to anyone that's probably
content with store bought."