Friday, July 27, 2012

Okay, I Admit I Bought It

Are you a sucker for a infomercial? I know there are a million billion of you out there; it's like gambling and Vegas. It didn't build itself. Well. except for a stroll around the vendors at Houston Quilt Festival with my gal Frieda and coming upon that english accented Shamoo pitchman, I have never been lulled in enough to buy any of the thousands of products. That is, until last week.

I was watching the commercial and was thinking back on the taco salad from Taco Bell back in the day and thought that I really really needed
these  tortilla bowl molds.  I was tempted to go for the twice as many for just shipping and handling but after you do the math, adding on four molds would generate enough revenue for Billy May to be resurrected and spend all his hard earned dollars up his nose and I can't be responsible for the fate of his replacement.
I put them to the test to see if they really work.  I only had 10" fat free shells and as I gently put it into the form, it cracked just a bit.  There is no spray or oil needed.
They cook for ten minutes at 400ยบ and there is quite a bit of shrinkage (reminds me of Sienfeld).  The end result is much smaller than I pictured but very adequate.  You can spray cooking spray on them and dust with cinnamon and sugar for a dessert cup.  If you used a 6" tortilla, it would end up being small and perfect.
I am very happy with the purchase.  I have big plans for my future making all sorts of delights in these .  I am pleased but still will not tell you what I ended up paying.  I think have sucker written on my forehead. 

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Oh my gosh! My hubby and I just saw this while watching TV in bed the other night! (Well, what else do we do at our age at night in bed!)...anyway.....I just might have to run to the AS SEEN ON TV store to purchase! Thanks for testing out!

Miracles said...

Love it.....I'll have mine with chicken....mm