Saturday, July 14, 2012

Violet

Yesterday was a good day. Peter found out that he has a great part in a Goodman Theatre play that features Diane Lane. Also he and Maria dropped off the kid for the weekend.
They had their first he/he wedding yesterday in Michigan and this was the invite.  How cute is that?  Today they have a wedding in Wisconsin.  It's the wedding season, after all and they are of the age when everyone is getting married.  That gave me a good day of 

harnessing Violet.  She is a whirling dervish at this age.  After about 20 minutes (and I definitely am looking at the clock) I incarcerate her into a man made jail, which she finds delightful.  Then when grandpa comes home its several walks, a very long dinner hour and to the beach we all went.  It was cloudy and 7:30 p.m. so the temp was doable.  She took her first solo walk in the sand and I so wish I took down a camera or a flip video but I didn't.  She loved the sand and got it on her hand and looked at it over and over.  She mastered the unevenness of the sand quickly and then decided that walking in the surf was the next new feat.  She was amazing.  She went in and out of it, with grandpa's assistance a dozen times.  She never wavered.  We did.  
Into the kitchen sink (the only bathtub we have is a large one) we took our bath to remove the surf and sand.  She crashed into the sack like she hadn't slept in a month.

This is Violet now, with grandpa feeding her her oatmeal; always a foot up on everyone.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're able to spend time together with her. She's at another adorable age. It's so fun to watch them learn new stuff!!
Pjn

Robbie said...

Precious times...precious moments...you'll remember then (and so will she!) for ever!!!

Gayle from MI said...

I LOVE watching my grand kids at our house as opposed to theirs. They are completely different children I think. So glad you get to keep her for the weekend!

Miracles said...

I love that hair! I'm sure Violet is loving staying at your house as much as you and G are enjoying her company. She is too funny with her leg on the table! I hope she outgrows that.

Irene said...

I love how she always have to have a 'leg up'. You'll probably be the one sleeping for a week after she goes home!

Synthia said...

Miss Violet is simply adorable. I envy you. I'm hoping some great-grands arrive for us soon. I so miss having a baby in the family.

Anonymous said...

I sill love putting a leg up on the table...(in private) and I am over sixty!
xxx

Linda said...

Talc powder will help get the sand off her delicate skin... we live on the beach as well, and keep a large container of baby powder handy, even the adults.