Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Beautiful Day

The weather gods, as my friend Gayle says, has heaved on me a load of crap. Not only is it in the sixties right now, but there's a
surf warning of waves as high as 10 feet.  Not so good for boaters or possibly toddlers that like to stand when the water laps on their little feet?  To make matters worse, I had to change the party start time of 8 a.m.  to eleven a.m. because they have blocked off the entire street I live on for  three hours for a triathlon.  The luck gods are not with me.  But, I am optimistic.  We always have a good time no matter what.
The late start time has made the morning lazy.  G went to the garden and picked the ripe tomatoes.  I leave tomorrow for the Crow Barn so I need to do something with them before I go, even if it's giving them away.  Thinking cap needs to go on.
Is it too early to introduce Violet to cooking?  Here is her ring side seat to the action.  It's far enough from the stove top so that's not a worry.  We haven't tried it out yet because
she's on the prowl, checking out everything that she forgot to remember from the last time she was here.  Oh, and she likes to carry around the honey container.  Why?  Why not?

2 comments:

spikemuffin said...

Love the seat!

Miracles said...

Adorable.....the barefoot in denim