Sunday, August 26, 2012

Musings


This is not a good photo because the sky was starting to get cloudy but you can get the idea. This is G on our deck watering the flowers. Oh, and Bella is at the screen door too. What I find very interesting is that
G goes to the front garden and gets the hose and extends it to it's limit and brings it through the house and out the back to eliminate the pitchers and buckets I use to water. It just seems funny to me. Obviously we don't have a sill cock on the upper deck so either this method is used or we haul water from the kitchen, through the dining room and living room and out to the deck.  G is more resourceful than I am!!!

I found an amazing bargain.  I cut the picture off but the name of these pizza crusts are Mama Mary's.  They come in a pack of 2
for $3.99 as compared to the Boboli thin crust pizza crusts I used for my panini which costs $3.99 also but that's for one.  I bought all they had as the use by date is in November.  Whenever I have left over deli I make panini's and par bake and freeze (I cut them in half to fit in my side by side).
They are thin and the first one I made had a little problem of the top curling up a bit at the edges (I spray both outsides with Pam).  To eliminate that, when it came out of the oven I immediately put a sheet pan on top of it to flatten it.  I am sure I could have put a sheet pan on top of it while baking too but I didn't do that cauz' I didn't know it would do that.

I'm a sucker for a bargain.

2 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

If I did what G does my hose would spring a leak right in the middle of the hard wood floor!

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised he hasn't rigged up some kind of pump to get water out of the lake, up your beach, and up to the upper deck. Just an idea.
Pjn