Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What's Going On

We have a wedding at the end of the month and for some reason, I have no one to take care of Bella.  It is normally never a problem.  She is usually fought over, she is such a dear; but not this time.  Every one is busy.  It's weird but it bothers me that we will have to board her.  I know, it's a dog.  But you have to pinch me to make me realize that.

I don't think I have shown you the finished tryptic.  I love the whole look but I think it needs to be steamed or something.  There is an
uneven look about it.    Actually, I have never steamed a quilt but that may be something I am willing to do.  The name of this piece is 'Continuation' and it is a three part quilt, with the first and last panel the same size and the middle panel is exactly one inch wider.  The size is 20 1/2 x 38 x 21 1/2 x 38 x 20 1/2 x 38.  These quilts that need to fit together are a new challenge for me.  I have done it before but not as normal faced quilts.  The others I have done are all stretched over a frame and although those are equally trying, they can be manipulated more than regular quilts.  

I have sketches of two new tryptic's that I want to try.  I have a bit much on my plate at the moment so this new series may have to take a back seat for awhile.  We shall see.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

We never, never boarded Mandy in the 10 1/2 years we had her...I'm sure the same will happen with little Kalee...they do fine but I just can't bring myself to do it. Something wrong with us 'dog folk' isn't there! :)