Thursday, October 04, 2012

Appointments

This is my girl, sitting right next to me on the desk. She actually hasn't done this in awhile and I don't know why. Bella is probably like all of us; you get in the habit of doing something one way and then all of a sudden we change.

I look at this picture and it looks like she is exactly the same color as this dog bed cushion.  That is not the way it is this morning.  It is grooming day and I think she is facing away from me because she is unhappy with the quality of her hair.  The whole environment (dry mostly) has given her allergies that are reeking havoc on her little skinny legs.  She is still on Benedryl and the doc says to keep it on her through October.

Getting her to the groomers has always been challenging and we couldn't figure out how she knew it was grooming day.  Well, I finally managed to understand how she knew.  We are very cunning and calculating, and talk so much about how to get her in the car between 7:30 and 9:00 a.m. that she knew something was up.  Now we shut up and go about our business and she is non the wiser.  G usually takes her on his way to work and I pick her up in the afternoon.  For the life of me I don't understand why it takes all day to groom a 11 lb. dog.

I have an exciting day as well.  I get a bone scan and a mam today.  Fun fun.

1 comment:

Irene said...

You should find out if there are any mobile groomers in your area. "Mrs. Paws", Ben's groomer, comes in a van complete with everything she needs and all she does is plug into our hydro. He's in and out in just about an hour. Much less stressful than having to sit around at the groomers all day.