Friday, October 19, 2012

Catch Up

I am going to make haste with this blog because I have to go and make Alton Brown's Southern Buttermilk Biscuits tout sweet. My sis is coming and my quilting buddies for the weekend.  
This is a picture of my friends baby Violet,  playing  a character in 'Downton Abbey'.  Isn't she adorable?  I recently purchased season one and season two and watched them feverishly and then watched them again.  They are now out on loan but I want to watch it again in Florida before season three starts.  I love the clothes and the whole interaction of the staff and the 'family'.
I am about half way through putting binding on the baby quilts.  I may get a few more done this weekend but it's something that takes up a lot of room so I just don't know.

5 comments:

Irene said...

I love Downton Abbey too - can't wait for Season 3 to start.

dee said...

You can get some of the episodes on the PBS site as well. If you're in the market for something similar and equally addictive try The Forsyte Saga. It's not new but I have just re-watched it for the second time. I get it on Netflix-2 seasons available. I loved that program when it was on PBS a few ago- still great.

Brige said...

If you have a yearly Amazon Prime account you can get them for free - plus a lot more movies/TV shows. You can watch them online (thru computer) or thru a Roku Box (google it), Smart TV, Smart DVD Player or Smart BluRay Player (Smart = Internet connected electronic device) all on your TV when you want to watch them. - Best $80 I have ever spent. (I have a Roku and I LOVE IT)

Regina said...

I am almost obsessed with Downtown Abbey. I can still see in my mind's eye (does my mind HAVE an eye) my favorite dress that one of the girls wore last season. I am so looking forward to the addition of Shirley Maclaine in Season 3. I'm looking into getting a Roku Box; just saw it on the Today show two weeks ago. I move slowly.......I need to learn to stream.....

Miracles said...

Love the cards