Monday, October 22, 2012

QS

I am gonna dedicate todays blog to my friend and fellow quilter, Peggy. Even though she will kill me, I have chosen to highlight her today. It's probably because I have her and a picture of her family in front of me and that's normally how I choose my blog theme for the day.
Anne was working on a project this past weekend that we were all very jealous of and of course took it upon ourselves to start the same project (which called for a trip to JoAnns and Hobby Lobby).  Over lunch we decided to add pictures to the project and one thing led to another and I was having everyone email me pictures when they got home and I would put them on fabric.  As always, Peggy was johnny on the spot and before I even thought she could get back to Illinois, she emailed me pictures which I cropped and printed on fabric.  That's Peg in the top corner, followed by her eldest son and his beautiful wife.  As you can probably tell, I printed both versions I compiled; the loving couple split and one of them together.  In this case, size does matter.  The other two pictures that are as yet unnamed are Peggy's youngest son and her grand boy Kieran.

Here is an example of the selvage work that she
worked on when she was here. Because the selvage is the ending of the fabric, it doesn't ravel and so there is no need to make a hidden seam.
It makes for pretty speedy work.
Peggy brought the tote full of selvages and I supplied the plastic bag of selvages for her, just saving them from the baby quilts I have been working on in the past week.
I somehow screwed up the spacing on this blog. I have no idea where my typing is going. That's an apology in advance for Peggy; it being her special day and all.!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! what an honor to get my own blog day! The photos turned out great! Can't wait to get started on the I Spy project now. Pjn