Sunday, October 28, 2012

Where's Waldo?

Today is the last day of the play 'Sweet Bird of Youth' that my son happens to be an actor in. Earlier this week he was pleasantly surprised to have Barbra Streisand and her husband, James Brolin come back stage after the performance. That would indeed have been my fifteen minutes of fame. Needless to say, they didn't come expressly to see him but rather their daughter in law, Diane Lane. Pete had already met Josh Brolin, Diane's husband, at the cast party some weeks before. Tonight is the last curtain call.

I have been using the sew in colorfast fabric sheets for ink jet printers.  I found myself making Waldo's on it last weekend and after sending the images off with my friends for the project we are working I realized that I didn't read the setting and
colorfast directions and so I immediately read them and sent them out to eliminate any possible tainting of the project due to this Waldo losing his color or definition.  I first had to iron it at the highest setting and then wash in cold water.  Then you lay it flat and dab with a paper towel to get out excess moisture.  
You iron it dry and it should be as good as any image that is on fabric in the store.  It's too bad Waldo has no shoulder definition.  He needs a gym membership.

No comments: