Friday, October 12, 2012

Who's At Batt?

The thing about having batting for quilts on hand (I should specify that it is poly for charity quilts) is that it is shrink wrapped and they suck all the air out of it. So, to use it, it needs to 'breathe'.
When that happens around here, it takes over the house.  Unfortunately, to get the loft I want with the batting I ordered, I need to double it and when you have yards and yards of wrinkled batting,
it makes for a very bumpy and wasteful quilt.  So, all the tables in the house are housing airing out batting.  This is no easy task.  The batting has been shrink wrapped for so long that it sticks to itself and it's like un-gluing it from itself.  It's almost like wool, that under a microscope, has little barbs on it.  So, in summary, I unrolled three massive rolls of batting yesterday, with Bella laying on it constantly, causing me to take a break.  In the end, it was a pretty much relaxing workout.  Better than Zumba.
And the quilt sandwich grows slowly.

1 comment:

Miracles said...

What an enormous job to tackle!