Sunday, November 11, 2012

Animal Welfare

Today is the blessing of the animals by all religious denominations this afternoon and I am still mulling over whether Bella needs a blessing.  What she needs is a bath.  She had an ear infection and the meds made her right ear greasy and she's not liking it.

I think I will stick with the animal theme and go back to the show.

There was a small section in the Houston show that was reserved for animals.  I picked out my three top favorites.  This gorgeous  quilt is quite large and I have seen it before but can't remember in what publication.   It is called 'Kitty Corner' (even that is ultra clever) and was done by Janet Fogg.
'Nude Descending Staircase' is another beauty and was done by Pauline Salzman.
I love this piece.   I spent a lot of time in front of it trying to decide how Leslie
put in this very fine line that was needed to separate the cat outline and the background.  I don't know why it just came to me that I can shoot her an email and ask her how she did it.  Unfortunately, I just did that and can tell you how she did it yet.  And then there's the remembering to tell you once I know the answer.  Maybe I will leave my self a reminder.  There's a lot of those in front of me at this very minute.  Anyway, back to the quilt; it's quite spectacular and is called 'Out in the Garden and it is by Leslie Hall.

There was a section in the show for the group 'Friends For Life' which is a no kill animal shelter in Houston.  They had over 800 fabric postcards to give out in exchange for a $20 charitable donation.  I am the proud owner of these three.  The stand alone vertical one was done by Judi Kirk from the UK.  The top one of the horizontal two was done by Amanda Schlatre and the bottom one was done by Carol Ann Waugh.  I think they managed to get most of the postcards distributed to the delighted visitors to the show.  It's a very good cause.

1 comment:

Gayle from MI said...

Those post cards are a great idea for a money maker! Such clever people out there. Thanks for all the beautiful photos.