Saturday, November 17, 2012

In England A Jumper Is A Sweater

 
I was looking for something to make a Thanksgiving jumper out of for Violet when I came upon this soft corduroy with pink buttons on it.  I just had to have it.  

It ended up being a three tiered drop waist jumper.  This became the prototype for the official Thanksgiving jumper.  I used the same pattern
only I used the box pleats with the drop waist.  
And for my ribbon detail, my sister Mike had these tiny little fabric leaves she got from Oriental Trading, which she has no idea why she had purchased them to begin with.  They turned out to be the perfect size.  I added some fabric paint to get a closer color match.  I love how it turned out.  A black grosgrain belt with go perfectly with her black tights, turtleneck and party shoes!

We are hitting the road to go back north.  It is so early this year.  It feels like I just got here!

4 comments:

Susan Turney said...

They are both SO adorable!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lucky Violet.
xxx

Karen said...

You are so creative. I am sure Violet will look very festive in her jumper.

Miracles said...

Good work, grandma.