Monday, November 05, 2012

New Neighbors

I saw a commercial for Gevalia coffee last night and the guy in it appears to look like the Chanel commercial with Brad Pitt. I don't know which one came first but it's icky. It's enough to have my favorite literary pages (People) littered with the Pitt-Jolie's, but now we have to see them every day?

Voting is all the talk now that I am back in Florida where people actually discuss such things. Of course, I just listen because my only qualification for anyone in office getting elected is whoever is better looking. I did my absentee balloting before I ever got on a plane for Houston. I am a registered voter in the fine state of Indiana.
For some reason, a group of white pelicans have decided to call the land mass in our property their home.  That is, at least some of the time.  I took a picture of them before I went to dog park yesterday, which was around 3 p.m. and when I got home an hour or two later, they were all gone.
On my way out to the studio this morning I noticed that they were back, only they were stretched over a very large area, doing their floating.  When I went out to the dock, they started to scatter.  I  enjoy having them  there.  Usually there is an occasional mullet jumping up or a grey pelican diving or a dolphin but having lots to look at is a good thing.

I am gonna spend some time today cropping my Houston pics and will alternate putting some of the beautiful quilts up for your enjoyment.

1 comment:

Susan Turney said...

LOL! Just begging for comments!