Thursday, November 29, 2012

On The Road Again

Violet is loving her bath and the fact that she is getting so big that she
has a bubble beard.  It this girl the best or what?  Her teeth are beautiful and big and perfect.  Hey, I can say that.  I'm the grandma after all.

Thanksgiving (was that just last week?) was such a beautiful day that I was very glad that I
swapped out my outside pots with various evergreens before the soil in the pots froze.  In fact, I don't know why I go from summer flowers and vines to mums because they die so fast, with or without water.  It's almost a complete waste of money to do the fall flower thing.  If I can remember, I am skipping that fall ritual next year.  But who am I kidding?  If I don't read what I wrote here tomorrow, I won't remember even typing it.  Anyway, my point was, I was getting coffee in the city
and rounded a corner and came upon this Asian restaurant with the most beautiful winter arrangements out side the entrance.
I love the use of the birch intermingled with the silver painted branches.  I would love to get ahold of some birch for my entrance.  But where in the hell do you get them?  Sneaking out in the middle of the night and cutting down the neighbors saplings?   Hummmm.

It's a day in the car for me today.  My dermatologist gets me one last time this year.  I am hoping for a happy face sticker from him.  Those are my faces.

2 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

Hello! My boss used birch tree branches as a hand rail for her stairways at her house. She found someone that sells exactly the sizes you want on line. She just googled Birch tree branches and up popped his name!
Also I got my part of the slice quilt in the mail today.
Thanks!!!!!

Gayle from MI said...

Oh and Violet is a gorgeous child!!!