Monday, December 10, 2012

Holiday Stuff

Dinner and a Craft was very easy and I am getting better at playing the teacher.  It does, however take every second of my time to keep the dozen girls on task so I can get them  out of my house within a reasonable block of hours.  I was so intent that I didn't even think to take a picture until it was all over.
This is the booty I scored,  Even my sis, who everyone expected to be here, scored.  I haven't learned to tell these gals NOT to bring me stuff.  It just confuses me when I go to regift it.  Who gave me what and am I giving them back their gift?  The way I figure it,  we are all doing it so I guess it just doesn't matter anyway.  We won't remember.
This is a real 18' christmas tree that is in the office of my next door neighbor.  Check out the Santa boots under the tree.  Very clever.  They have several real trees delivered each year.  I get exhausted to think of the umbrella tree we have to get out of the box and spring open, lights all ready on it!  I would have to hire a team of decorators to help.  Back in the day I would look forward to doing all that stuff.  Those days have come and gone.  Keep it simple is now my mantra.  
I saw this clock on Pinterest and put it in my 'Things I Want To Make' board.  I was looking for something to make Micky for Christmas and this had her name on it.  She is always a little late.


I changed it up a bit.  First off, I used the Cricut to cut the letters and the numbers and used vinyl stick on paper.  I bought a pre made canvas and painted it beige.  I bought the clock works at Hobby Lobby. I assembled it and was very pleased with the results.  Personally, I don't think anyways is a word and why didn't the original clock have 10, 11, and 12.  How dumb do they think we are? 

I gave it to her early because I didn't know how to wrap it without a lot of effort to not smash the time mechanism.  And anyway, she was here and so was it.  

1 comment:

Miracles said...

Good job.....that clock is so funny!