Wednesday, December 05, 2012

The 2012 Christmas Pillow

I just had to cancel my teeth cleaning appointment I had scheduled today because I can barely stop coughing. It is that stage of my cold that it's necessary to sound like you are coughing up a lung. I am sure it means that it is breaking up andt I think the gag reflex would be an issue with the hygienist.   I rescheduled with plenty of time in between appointments to get rid of the cold. As much as I hate to say it, we need a freeze.

I got the okay from California (the farthest journey my Christmas pillow takes) for the big reveal of this years pillow.  This is the 23rd year that I have done this.  I actually had to make two different
pillows, because I was enamored with both of these Marimekko fabrics but couldn't 
get enough of either to make thirty pillows.  I thought this year there was a bit of an Asian feel in the design.
As is normally the case, the enclosure cards try to replicate some part of the pillow.  I give all the credit (and most of the work) for these to my sis Mike.  She's crazy for cutting card stock!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

As usual...each year these are just outstanding. Think this is my favorite!

Corky said...

I always look forward to seeing the current pillow. Each year is better than the last.