Monday, January 14, 2013

My Take On The Golden Globes

At the last minute I begged out of a Golden Globes Party, opting to watch it at my leisure and stopping when I wanted to. Plus there's the formal attire I would have had to down and then the champagne drinking. You get my drift. My critique will be my own completely, without the aid of anyone's input.

 My take on the Golden Globes:

 The first thing that really hit me when I woke up this morning was the news that the Aflac duck was in an accident and was hospitalized with multiple lacerations on his wings and a fractured beak. There is no need to worry; he's covered and if you would like to send your best wishes for his speedy recovery you can do so at GETWELLDUCK.COM.

 Overall, I think Tina and Amy did a good job. My favorite was in the monologue when Tina said something like 'and as for the Hunger Games, it's what I have played for the last 6 weeks in order to get into this dress'.


Amy followed with and as for the 'Life of Pi, that's gonna be my life for the next six weeks after I take this dress off.'

Amy also said that 'Meryl Streep is home with the flu and I hear she's amazing in it'.


Tina said 'I don't know much about the controversy of Zero Dark Thirty but I know that when it comes to torture, I trust the woman who was married to James Cameron for 3 years (0 Dark 30 star Jessica Chastain).

Last but not least from Amy commented about the roll Anne Hathaway played in 'Les Miserables' and said something to the effect that she has never seen her play anyone so alone and abandoned since Anne hosted the Oscars with James Franco.


Oh, the Taylor Swift dig was pretty good too. I think that was by Tina.

Top dress?

Hands down Lucy Liu followed closely by Halle Barry. I loved the skirt part of the dress of Jennifer Laurence (the top was to skimpy and I wanted to keep pulling it up). I loved the back of Julianne Moore's dress.

Do I actually have the right to critique these garments when my 'go to' store is H&aM and Target?

Hell yes!

I can't even believe that Clare Danes was there looking magnificent after having a baby less than a month ago. Yikes! I am still recovering from having a baby and it's been awhile.

The best part of the night was the presentation of Kristin Wiig and Will Ferrell. Find it on UTube and watch it. The bomb.

No comments: