Sunday, January 27, 2013

Oddities


The following recipe is called the Option Dog.  I saw it made on Paula Dean's show
featuring Kris Jenkins (a retired professional football player).  This recipe is for four people.   
Ingredients
•                8 ounces ground skirt steak
•                4 jumbo hot dogs
•                3 tablespoons butter
•                1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
•                1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
•                1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage
•                4 oversized hot dog buns, toasted
•                4 jumbo eggs, separated
•                1 jar peach preserves
•                Ground chipotle chile pepper, for sprinkling
•                8 strips center-cut thick-sliced bacon, cooked crisp
•                2 ounces freshly shredded mild Cheddar
•                2 ounces freshly shredded gruyere
•                2 ounces freshly shredded pepper jack

Can you imagine eating this?  It's a steak sandwich with a hotdog, bacon and all the other stuff.  You couldn't even open your mouth large enough for one bite!


Have you ever seen this?  It's a margarita that has a small Corona propped on top of the glass with a plastic thingy made especially for it.  It was the first time I have ever heard of it or seen it.  My girlfriend  ordered it and I took a pass on tasting it.  It seems like a strange thing to put together.  Maybe call it a Beerita?  The guy next door used to drink scotch and milk; together!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

OK, I'm the margarita gueen and have never seen this!! I have had the Bud light lime-a-rita...they aren't bad but they are STRONG! Not for me...I'm a cheap date...prefer weak drinks...just so I can drink more! Love the lemon lime flavor!