Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Sweet Tooth

I was watching something on tv last night that was about chocolate and it reminded me of something I saw at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.  It happens to be a Guinness world record holder as the world's largest chocolate fountain.  This picture is just a section of what I would guess as being at least 12 feet
of visible fountain in a corridor off Bellagio, leading to the trams.  It consists of three different chocolates; white, milk and dark chocolate; all confectionary grade.  It is in constant motion, moving from one glass ledge to another.  There is over 500 feet of stainless steel piping and the chocolate rises 27 vertical feet from the lower level pump room.  It took two years of engineering, planning and design.    Thankfully there is a very nice confectionary shop next to the exhibit.  Very smart planning.

Thinking about it makes me want to go and once again flip through my wonderful new
cookbook I was gifted for Christmas with my cooking and baking mate, Barb.  I just may give up my life with casseroles and take up something sweeter.  

No comments: