Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Time Off

I have decided to take a hiatus  from the blog.  I feel boring and have thoughts of quitting it; it's been a very long time that I have done it and it is no longer fresh.  I think I went through this a few years back and just needed time off because believe it or not, after a while I missed it.  I will have to see if that is indeed the case or if it's time has come to pass the baton to someone that is more up to it than me.  I may even decide to have a private blog because I like the  time line it is to me and I can document things without anyone reading it.  I may rename it -  Originally A Redhead; Then Blond, Gray And Blond Again.  We'll see.

My friend Jayne came here yesterday and is spending the week with me.  We are enjoying the gabfest.  It just turned bad weather here (in the 60's) but she is talking to to someone  in Chicago and it is  -2º there.

11 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

You are not alone........
I have noticed a lot of once daily quilters are posting less and less..........
And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.............

Gayle from MI said...

I will miss your blog. I check/read it every day. Sad. I will have to get my own life now.

Gayle from MI said...

It's interesting you should bring this up today though because I sat down here with the intent of "deleting" some blogs from my feed because they are boring or the things they are doing no longer interest me. Yours was unfortunately not one of them:(

Susan Turney said...

I'm hoping you change your mind! If I don't have time to read all the blogs I subscribe to, I always check your's and Fibermania. Your's usually makes me smile and I love the goings on with all your girlfriends and how you make entertaining look so easy. And of course all the food. When I think about it, it's really voyeuristic (sp) I guess , and some psychologist would probably have a field day analyzing those of us who love blogs but...who cares! It's a fun way to start the day.

Irene said...

Tommy, you will be missed and I hope it is just a break and not a permanent departure. Since I blog myself (very infrequently) I understand completely. People want you to blog, but they don't realize that it isn't easy to be amusing/informative/entertaining/upbeat every day. You have been all of these things and yours is the ONLY blog I make sure to read every day. I'm sure if you take a break, you will have all kinds of amusing stories to tell us when you return.

sophie said...

Enjoy your break ... Or whatever it turns out to be.

Linda said...

You will be missed, it's been fun so do what you need to do.

Miracles said...

Go ahead...Take your break. We'll miss you. I'm hoping you'll return when you find out you miss us!

azcupcake said...

Well, nuts! I'm disappointed. I always start my morning with your blog. I hope it's only temporary.

Robbie said...

I too would miss your blog. My 'blog' is more for myself than for others! And I think that's what a blog should be! It's for us...not for others, necessarily!
At least I'll have my blog when my memory totally goes! Just hope i enjoy the read then!!
Hope you reconsider and keep us laughing, amused and even inspired in the kitchen and sewing room(s)!

dee said...

come on back!!!!
I even went through this crappy comment-bot for you...