Monday, February 11, 2013

Bad Food

Now, this salad, comprised of seared scallops, crumbled bacon, butter lettuce, roma tomatoes and a balsamic reduction
should be quite the hit, wouldn't you say? Especially if I throw in that the scallops were seared in bacon fat, right?  Nothing can prepare you for the taste of a really bad salad.  I didn't even keep the recipe I got online.  It was all because of the salad dressing.  It was painfully sweet.  And it was just using balsamic with a touch of brown sugar to glaze the pan after removing the scallops.  The only thing I can figure is that the balsamic was too strong.  It was a really good bottle that was just opened for the salad. I used a teaspoon rather than the tablespoon of brown sugar in with the vinegar that it called for but I did use dark brown sugar instead of light because it was what I had.  Anyway, my teeth hurt right now, just thinking of the overly sweetness that ruined everything.

So you don't feel real bad for me, I will tell you that I wiped off the scallops and managed to salvage them and therefore the meal, along with a few saltines.

1 comment:

Gayle from MI said...

Nothing ruins a good meal like something sweet where it's not supposed to be. Yuck.