Saturday, February 09, 2013

Drug Lords

This drug business is out of control. I have nothing wrong with me and my scripts were over $700. That's insane. And another thing is portion and date stamp issues. Yep, I am gonna vent.
I have pretty severe psoriasis and have to deal with it daily with steroid cream.  I will be going on injections when I get back north but until then, I am dabbing on cream and wrapping myself in syran wrap.  Yeah, not a good look.  The tube on the top is the refill that I received in December.  It is almost empty and it is 50 grams.  I called the doctor for a refill (I can't just refill it; pain in the ass) and this is what I was prescribed.  30 grams (2-15 gram tubes) at a price of $77.18.  I will last me until the end of this month.  
I am unpackaging (there is more plastic and paper involved in scripts than the national archives!) and notice that my facial cream is 12 oz. vs the one I have that is 6 oz.  The small one will go out of code next month.  I have had it since 2011.  The $85 bottle that I just received expires in August.  This is insane.  I called Walgreens and I explained that I wanted a smaller bottle because it lasts forever and explained the expiration date and he put me on hold and passed me off to someone clearly learning english as a second, or third or fourth language,  proceeded to talk and I couldn't understand what he was saying.  All of a sudden there was a ringing extension in my ear that no one picked up on.  It was their version of the Comcast hangup; oh, I mean accidentally disconnected.  Yeah.

6 comments:

dyerlady said...

Somehow, the people we elected in the Senate and Congress, don't seem to have those problems. They can't fathom what you are talking about! Nancy

dee said...

I feel your pain in the pocketbook. I take celebrex as well. My son has ulcerative collitis and one of his meds is over $700. Those jerks in DC have free medical care for life-what should we expect from them?

Karen said...

You tell me what liquid costs $15,000.00? I get chemo that takes 30 minutes to infuse and that is the cost. My deductible is paid in in one quick treatment. It would be great if that was all, but then come the co-pays...per treatment!!

Susan Turney said...

I'm wondering if you can take the cleanser back to Wallgreens and demand a bottle with a later expiration date...they might be "cleaning out". It's all so out of control.

Irene said...

This is slightly off topic, but I bought a couple of these that I use for different cosmetics/medications that come in a tube and it really works well. It helps you get every last drop that you've paid for.

http://ca.loccitane.com/magic-key-press-tub,19,1,954,46928.htm

Miracles said...

Irene....I did too. It works great on those expensive tubes of creams.
Tommygirl....Are there generic brands for your scripts?
Karen...my co-pays have quadrupled.