Thursday, February 07, 2013

Food, Glorious Food

Something very funny happened last night while I was hosting a dog park pot luck.  We were probably  an hour into the gathering of 20 or 30 people when the front door opens and four people come in that I mouth to G that I don't know who they are.  One happened to have a clerical collar on.  They come into the gathering all smiles and I greet them and ask if I can give them a beverage.   Then they notice Bella and realize that something is not right about this picture.  They ask to see their host; two names I am not familiar with.  Then they said my address and I said, yes, this is that address.  We got out the local phone book and sure enough, our address was correct under our name but it also was identical for a couple down the street.  We figured it out and all had a good laugh.  We couldn't talk them into staying tho', no matter what we plied them with.  I just keep thinking of the slight panic of having no idea who four people are that I presumably invited to my house!!!

Food.  All I can say is that it wasn't skimpy.  There was so much food, we could have had a hundred people easy and never ran out of food.
These buttermilk biscuit based barbecue beef cupcakes made by Wendy were the first to arrive.  I will definitely steal the idea for these.
This is my tuna noodle casserole that I made with fresh black fin tuna, given to me by
my friend Kathy (hubby caught it, in Louisana, I think).
This is chicken pot pie that I also made.
Kathy made this mac and cheese.  Very very good.
Bob made this Chicken Divan.  Everything was wonderful tasting and after looking at all the other pictures of the food, they almost look interchangeable  so I won't post them.  Suffice it to say that, had you been here, you would have been raving!!!!

3 comments:

maggie z. said...

i'm missing all the fun..??? let's make a "re-do" when i get over there!!

Mike said...

I love anything that has to do with a buttermilk biscuit. Yum!
Mike

Arleen said...

You are such a sweet soul to insist that the unknowns stay and party! So, so glad you are still blogging.