Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dinner With Friends

We had a very lovely dinner at Millie and Richard's last night.  Even if the food wasn't spectacular )
(which it always is) I still just love being in Millie's kitchen.  It is so user friendly and I love all her Tommy Bahama dishes.  It reminds me of the Martha Stewart aqua.  The dinner started with a salad that we lightly dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  The tomato in the center of the plate was stuffed with a mixture of herbs and cream cheese and bacon.   I cut it all up and mixed it together and ate every bite; every last bite.
 
We had a pork roast (no picture; what was I thinking?) baked potatoes with butter and bacon

and a side of spinach pie.  For dessert we had a profiterole filled with
 
our choice of vanilla bean or pistachio gelato and laced with powdered sugar, chocolate and whipped cream.  Yum, and then some!

2 comments:

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

Looks like you had a great dinner. I went to Laporte to get my Viking sewing machine fixed and came home with a new Janome. I left the Viking there. Now I know why you tell everyone to get a Janome. It sews like a dream. Thanks. Now when I make the quilts for the exchange they will be well sewn.

Miracles said...

The potato picture is awesome. Your friend must be an outstanding cook.