Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy Paddy's

I am still on the food kick. Oh, and Happy Paddy's Day to all of you! Not five minutes ago I texted my girlfriend (who only is in the area for one month a year) to have dinner with us because I stood with them at a parade yesterday and know for a fact that their weeklong guests are leaving today. I thought I would pass off the remainder of the Cuban Pork Pile so as not to waste but then realized it was a corned beef and cabbage kinda day. My thought is that they will take a pass if they don't like the shamrock fare. That doesn't let me off the hook. G will insist on it. He's so mean.
 

Have you had a chance to try these frozen mussels?  This is a single pouch  box from the regular grocery store (Publix) but I have had a two pouch box from Sam's Club also.  They are both equally delish.

 
You literally puncture the top of the frozen pouch and six minutes later you have dinner.  Add a warm crusty loaf of bread to sop up the sauce and you have a magnificent dinner.  No kidding.

4 comments:

dee said...

OMG these are so delish. I get the ones with he tomato broth and I clean out the grocers case everytime they get them. Everyone in the family loves them. Make some linguini and drizzle it with Olive oil-put in bowl-dump mussles and sauce on top....drool! Guess where I'm headed?
Happy Day to you as well. They put out the green bagels at Stop&Shop but I can't bring myself to eat them. The color is just ghastly.

Robbie said...

Mussels (or muscles) are something you have and not eat!! Wish I could 'drool' over something like this but can't. Still love all your other foods!!

sophie said...

I have tried them and love them, too!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I am starting to feel absolutely stuffed reading your food posts........couldn't eat another bite!