Monday, March 25, 2013

I Need More Ziplocks!

We have a bit of an agitated morning. For more than a month, our landscapers have chosen to start their week with a weed whacker directly in front of our master bedroom at the stroke of dawn; okay the rules of the neighborhood are no workers before 8 a.m. So, okay, sometimes I am still lounging in the sack at 8. It's my propagative as a senior citizen. But what I can't believe is the poor family of six next door that just got in from England and haven't dealt with jet lag yet and then their landscapers are the same ones we use and they have no mercy. Then there's that added nuisance of Bella barking and following the landscapers from one window and door to the next, barking all the way. We don't mind that part, as this is like a workout and she is pretty much quiet for the rest of the day. But I am sure the young people next door with four kids under 12 are not liking it so much. It definitely isn't Mr. Roger's neighborhood!
Yesterday was filled with more cooking.  The frozen bread dough was thawed and made into itty bitty hamburger buns.  I made 96 little buns and the ground sirloin (the size of quarters) came out to exactly

95 patties. I ate that extra bun. I under cook the meat because after the glue is added (a mixture of mustard and ketchup) to adhere the bun to the cheddar and burger) they are frozen on a tray before being bagged.  When I actually cook them for an appetizer, they will be cooked again and that's why they are not fully cooked first off.  They would probably resemble shoe leather rather than a medium mini burger.
 
I haven't made these in a while (named Brie Puffs) and I don't know why because they are always a major hit and are simple to make.  They are little puff pastry rounds ( i 1/2") that I cut out and bake.  Then I take off the 'lid' and fill each with a dollop of strawberry jam a combo of brie cheese and dry sherry.  The lid is then put back on and
 
these yummies are put on a tray to freeze and then bag.  They are a great thing to have because they add a sweet element to a get together and they only need to be thawed.  They are not reheated.

I will continue the food today.  When I get on a roll, it's hard to stop me.

1 comment:

Susan Turney said...

I hope you post the Brie Puffs! Now that I write that I'm thinking you just did but I'd like a few more details!! (You can tell I'm not much of a cook).