Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Around Town

I have a few pictures; actually more than a few from the garden club tour.  The six houses are basically open for the grounds but every now and then I know one of the docents and get a sneak peak.


This powder room is definitely not my taste but I found it fascinating anyway.  The whole theme of it was seashells (wow? in Florida? how unique!)

but the wall treatment was actually broken shells.  I don't think I have ever seen that.

I took a picture of this bird of paradise because of it's size.  I was on a two story deck and eye level to these two blooms and they had to be at least two feet in length.  I wish I had something to show you the size comparison (a ruler possibly?) but they were the biggest I have ever seen.

This is a palm tree.  It is completely covered with jasmine.  I don't know if it was accidental or on purpose.  It is beautiful, nonetheless.

I believe these chains from the gutters going into these pots are for irrigation but there was no plant life in the pots so I was a bit confused.

This is a bedroom right inside the house with the chains going into the pots.  It is magnificent  and worthy of a wedding night; not G's and mine that was in the Comfort Inn or some place like that!

1 comment:

Beth in TN said...

I think that's a rain chain. It's an alternative downspout that can also provide soothing noise when it rains. Kinda like a wind chime except activated by water.