Sunday, April 21, 2013

Everyone Is Waiting

There's a bit of nesting going on at Violet's house.  Baby sister is now officially overdue by four days.


Violet was late (over a week) and both my kids (one being Violet's dad) were late.  Maria is busy trying to consolidate all the toys but as is any kid with a box, the packaging is so much more fun than the actual toy.  The organization didn't work out as well as the play time did.

If you are anything like me, you can knit an extra large sweater but don't ask you to do the 4 inch square gauge sample in order to figure out what size of needles to use.  I will put off a project for a week, dreading the gauge check.  So too was this latest project.  I just didn't want to do it.  So I didn't.   Instead I chose to make the sweater larger, going up a size.  It's a perfect size six and
 
I will finish it and then do it again in a size 4 because I know the gauge will work out perfectly.  I think I just hate to waste the time making a swatch that will be unravelled after it is complete.

I always like to knit when I settle down for the night.  I put my feet up, turn on tv and knit.  Oh, with a glass of wine, of course.  Yesterday I picked up the knitting early, waiting for G to come back from church and for an hour,  knit an inch and tore it out, over and over, making mistake after mistake, which doesn't fare too well on a cable knit sweater.  I think  the yarn knew that it was too early to knit.  The only time I knit during the day is in the car.  I have learned my lesson.  Stick to the sewing machine in daylight hours!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Love the purple!!! Waiting for those grand babies is like waiting for water to boil!!