Monday, April 22, 2013

Sewing Time

I was talking to my friend Kathy and was discussing the fact that I am sick of eating. I have gone out to eat at least one meal, sometimes two meals a day for weeks. If you are like me, I eat more when I go out, when I don't make it myself or when whatever is put on the table in front of me.   Thankfully, last night's dinner out is the end of that.    We had a nice sendoff for Millie and Richard who are flying to Rome today.  I have a dinner party tonight but it will be like eating at home.  I am taking salad so I was thinking of making Millie's wonderful salad. Yep, I'm gonna do that.  I'll post the construction tomorrow and the recipe.


 
Check this out.  My sewing machine (Viking Designer I), the one I piece with, shows the running time from now to when I bought the thing.  I have sewn on this particular machine for 224 hours and 35 minutes.  It doesn't seem like a lot to me, considering the amount of time I sew but then I have to take in mind that I have two other machines here (Florida); one is the Janome that I mostly use to quilt with and a long arm (for charity work).  I have the same setup up north so I guess that count makes sense although I still think I sew a lot more that that.  The machine is ten years old.  I saw this feature, some time in the past, on the machine but forgot about it and stumbled upon it quite by accident recently.  It's also interesting that even though you are sitting in front of the machine, lots of the time you are adjusting, pinning, ironing and lots of other stuff that's involved in sewing.  Hummmmm.

3 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I am going to have to check the time on mine when I go up north!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

You're right, the time shown is actual sewing time, not the time the machine is turned on.

Robbie said...

My Bernina keeps track of stitches...love it when it hits the million! HA