Monday, April 08, 2013

The Hump

I have been keeping myself busy, working on things that I have started and then put on the back burner
 
while I went through my cooking phase.  In fact, I have made a list (and I LOVE a list) of things I want accomplished before we head back north for a few days for the new baby's birth.  It keeps me more focused when I do that.
-

It took me a long time to start to quilt this project.  My hangup was the fact that it really needs free motion quilting to depict water and expression in the fish faces but I am not a fan of free motion, not to mention that my hands are not cooperative in the least.

I ended up saying to myself that I would either quilt it in the manner that I can do it or scrap the whole thing.  I hate to give up so I just tackled it as I would anything else; just go for it.  It should be done being quilted in a day or two.  It's not my favorite thing in the world because if it was, it would have been completed three weeks ago!


I was also making a quilt for the new baby but we don't have a name yet and it's a name quilt so I have also been dragging my feet to finish it.  I think I just picked projects that don't jive with me right now.  I will keep at it tho'.  I know me.

1 comment:

Miracles said...

I love the name quilt. Wouldn't it be special to find 'that special name' only grandma calls her? Make sure you let me know when Maria gives birth.