Saturday, May 04, 2013

Day One; Over And Out

Thanks everyone for the hoorays for Charlotte's birth.
Gordon had possession of the camera because I was holding the baby so I never really got a good shot of Charlotte when her eyes were opened with a full face.  I know that I took some with Maria's camera so I am hoping they are a little clearer.


G went out in the hall when he heard that Peter and Violet were coming off the elevator.  Sorry Peter, dad cut your head off.  He wanted Violet anyway.  It was raining outside so V's dad passed his hat to her.  She looks very adorable.

It was technically both generations' birthday in this pic because Charlotte wasn't even one day old, therefore her birth day.  I, on the other hand, just passed into my 63rd year.  How can I have the mind of a teenager and that age stamp on me?  I just don't get it.

Violet didn't have much to do with her new sister.  She was intrigued by her wrinkled feet but that was about it.  She is gonna have a rude awakening.  She has been the center of attention since she was born and will now have to learn to share that spotlight.  It will be curious to watch.  How fun two grand daughters will be!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Two darling little girls and I'm sure a proud dad and mom, not to mention Grandma and Grandpa. Pete and Maria, you did good

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Peter and Maria sure make beautiful babies!
Congratulations to them, Violet and you and G!

Linda said...

Congratulations on the new granddaughter. She is beautiful.

Synthia said...

The only thing sweeter than one little granddaughter, is two little granddaughters. And a very happy birthday to you.